What does proper documentation mean to your practice? Consider the following:
How many “screens” (laptops, desktop PCs, tablets and phones) access, interface or communicate with patients and their health related information?
Of those “screens” how many …
- Have virus/malware/spyware protection?
- Have all software automatically patched & updated?
- Scan for and stop malicious software before it gets to your network?
- Are protected from SPAM, Malicious & Phishing Emails?
- Keeps a log of all individuals in your organization who access ePHI?
- Are included in your comprehensive back up disaster and recovery protocol?
Answers to these questions make up the core of the documentation necessary to be in HIPAA compliance.